Saturday, October 5, 2013

DIY Colorful Envelopes

I found this idea on Pinterest, tried it and had to share it! Click here for the instructions I followed. 

Handmade envelopes

Aren't these envelopes cute? Luckily for me I like to send snail mail every once in a while, so these envelopes were practical as well as fun to make. 

They were pretty easy to make as well. Here's how I did it:

Original and Handmade envelopes

The envelope on the left is an envelope I'd purchased from the store next to the one I made. I opened up the original envelope (carefully making sure not to rip it), traced around it onto a piece of scrapbook paper, and cut out the shape. 

DIY envelope

I then folded flaps like the original had, and stuck them down with double sided tape. 

Finished product

Easy. And way cuter than plain-old envelopes from the store!




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...